Wednesday, August 8, 2007

How Do You Explain?

Fairbanks has been great. Alaska has been great. I love so many people here. Theoretically, I love so many people everywhere, but practically, this is where it's at.

Here's a rundown on what's happened with me since coming back to Alaska.

  • Loved seeing my parents. They are such a strength for me. I know that no matter what is going on in my life, their love is unchanging and stronger than I can conceive of. I hope to someday love as deeply as they do.
  • Loved seeing my brothers and sisters in Kenai. I especially loved some of the conversations I got to have and excitement I got to share over what God is doing in Kenai. He is moving! Again, the love my brothers and sisters in Kenai have for me is humbling. I don't understand it, but it is a source of strength for me.
  • Loved seeing my friends, brothers and sisters in Girdwood... and Mandy, Darren & Ely. Coming to Girdwood feels almost like coming come for me. I really love that place! It was great to see Roberto from Ecuador and talk about my trip to his country, and see my friends from The Pond, and hear about Adam's epic spiritual adventure to Haiti and stay with my wonderful family there.
  • Loved camping with my friends in Hope. A great time of relaxation, conversation and reflection. Am SO grateful to have friends who love me enough to come visit me and go camping with me in Fairbanks! I don't deserve you.
  • Loved seeing my sister in Anchorage and getting some in-your-face kind of challenges that caused me to reconsider my view of the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth. We truly are caught between the times.
  • Loved spending time with my brothers and sisters in Anchorage. Had some great conversation and renewal. And some great pizza for that matter =).
  • I'm realizing that more and more places are starting to feel like home and that it is more a reflection of how I have come to know God in those places than anything else.
  • I'm happy to be in Fairbanks learning about primary care!
  • For the first time, I saw a child be born last night... twice. Incredible.
  • For the first time, I scrubbed in on an emergency surgery (a D&C for you medical folks).
  • I've been to a recovery camp for substance abusers and seen the face of Christ in the very warm people there.
  • I've realized my own weakness and inability to stand on my own. If I look strong to you, it's a show and I'm sorry. My only strength comes from what the Lord gives me.
  • I've made plans to live with Daniel in Seattle, counting on God to heal Him because of His marvelous glory and excellence.
  • I am so incredibly happy to have Abe in town with me. I need Christian brothers around me at all times or I fall apart.
So much more I could say. May God receive glory for everything I've written tonight and may He continue to become greater as I continue to become less.

No comments: