Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Tribute to Tributes

In honor of my 99th post, before I spring into the triple-digit blogging world, I feel compelled to reflect.

This all started one morning when I poured myself a bowl of Captain Crunch with Crunchberries cereal (it was on sale, I'm not usually a sugar cereal fiend... really) and a lone blue Crunchberry went skittering away from my bowl upon application of milk. I reached to retrieve it only to find it well-fortified under the microwave. I bent down to see a collection of various items, mostly bread-tabbie-like things and set to pondering the location of various by-gone possessions to which this post is dedicated.

[Interruption]

This post had genius written all over it, I had a great mental list of things gone by. Then life happened. Mostly I couldn't find a picture of my old Ford Ranger which was going to be the first thing on my list. Oh how I miss her... Unfortunately, at this point in my life, I've realized I have little time for putting together creative little projects, and so what you get instead is a brief apology for not writing a creative post and scattered thoughts. Enjoy.

But gosh I love tributes and I think it's great to remember the good that once was while being thankful for the good that still is.

On a larger scale, I think that pattern speaks a lot to my current situation... Life was so good in Girdwood and Anchorage, but that doesn't negate the good that I'm finding in Seattle. I declare this post, my 99th, a tribute to good ...everything... gone by: possessions, friends, seasons of life, sports, cities, relationships, dwellings, adventures... the list goes on.

In that spirit, I am now free to write about whatever pops into my head. Who knows, maybe post 100 will be totally mundane.

No comments: