Wednesday, December 12, 2007

7 Things You Will Never Hear Me Say

Figured this blog needed to lighten up a little bit, get outside and have a little fun, so in response to Annie's challenge, without further ado...

1. "So when I was running this marathon..." I really admire people who can subject themselves to that kind of torture. Really. But the idea of running for the sake of running basically gives me mental cramps. It hurts to even think about it. I'd be happy to pass out water to my friends at marathons, but I'll content myself with running after soccer balls and propelling myself down mountains at high rates of speed.

2. "I could never date her, she's way too feisty." There's this dirty rumor going around that all guys who follow Jesus want nice Christian girls who are sweet, pleasant and follow the rules. Society has trained me to think that way too, but when I'm really honest with myself, I was a fireball, a girl who is playful, passionate, fully alive and free.

3. "That song had too many rockin' guitar solos." It's practically the sweetest thing in the world when some guy just rallies his guitar in the middle of a song. You can tell when a guy knows his guitar, because he makes her sing and it's so dang sweet. Conversely, I hate crappy solos when the lead guy can barely put 4 notes together.

4. "No, I'd never go to ______. That place is too poor/dirty/scary." Seriously. I have this great longing to go to the poor and dirty and scary parts of the world and love people. It is so much easier to show love to people when no one else does, because they are so dang receptive to it. I'm still trying to live that desire out more practically. Stay tuned, work in progress.

5. "Gross." I hate it when you're about to sink your teeth into some delicious bit of tastiness and then some goober at the table informs you that what you're about to immensely enjoy is actually disgusting and loathsome. Jerk. Go eat a tub full of butter and watch me not say a single word. If I ever say "Gross," I'm totally joking.

6. "Let's get online and watch movies previews!!!" There was a time when I enjoyed watching movie previews. Actually, that's a complete lie. They are the worst thing ever invented. Good idea: "Let's suck people in so they want to go watch the movie." Bad idea: "Let's tell the whole story and put all the funny parts in a preview to make people wish they could have their money back when they actually fall for our devious plot." People who talk about what happens in a movie you really want to see should have their tongues removed.

7. "Nope, can't go, gotta watch the big game." Given the option between playing sports and watching sports, it's a no-brainer. I really wish that I liked watching sports. It would give me something to talk about with people who do. I'm not entirely opposed to it even, I just can't bring myself to sit down and watch "the game" unless I'm actively hanging out with some one I care about. Then, it's okay.

3 comments:

hootenannie said...

I like the "Ross spin" you put on the Seven Things post, by making it into things you'll never say. I did a post like this back in October...

http://hootenannieparsons.blogspot.com/2007/10/things-you-will-never-hear-me-say.html

I hate running, too - it's the worst form of torture, save blowing your own hand off with a grenade.

But I love movie previews. I love them. I get so excited. Right now, the preview that's FREAKING ME OUT is "Vantage Point." I'm in love with Dennis Quaid.

rot9 said...

shoot. There was something inside me telling me that my post wasn't quite as creative as I had intended. I reviewed your October post and definitely read it at some point. Ahh well. Thanks for stoppin' by.

Daniel said...

I give my full support to #'s 3,4,and 5.