Monday, February 25, 2008

My To-Do List of Blogdom

My blog (who I will henceforth refer to as "Harvey") has underlying goals to which it aspires and meets to varying degrees depending on the author's energy level and creativity:

  • P - Provoke thought
  • I - Inspire
  • B - Be funny
  • I - Illuminate my world to the masses
Harvey does a better job of this when there are interesting things going on in my life. Unfortunately, many of the interesting things are not suitable for publication because they may evoke unintended reactions in those who observe Harvey. To achieve PIBI today, Harvey will wax upon the subject of "What Ross Did Today."

Still being tired, from getting up at hours suitable only for roosters and yuppies, and sore, from putting 2,500 feet of elevation on my legs, I slept in. My truck has been having reversing difficulties. The mechanic informed me that the problem could be two things which differ mostly by a decimal place or two in the bill. Upon PIBI analysis: Not challenging, inspiring, maybe slightly funny, but mostly illuminatory.

Most of my day, I spent at The Blue Dog Kitchen, attempting to study, but I ended up planning Spring Break and buying 3 books:

  • Rod Machado's Private Pilot Handbook: The Ultimate Private Pilot Book
  • Gleim's 2008 Private Pilot Written Exam Guide
  • The Hipster Handbook
I'm getting excited about Spring Break, but will not allow Harvey to speak of such plans until they are official. Hopefully, part of it will entail studying for ground school and then starting my flight training this summer. P-, I-, B-, I+

This blog is failing to do little more than tell you about my day and plans.

And actually, I'm going to be late meeting Ted at the rock gym if I try to add anything inspirational or provocative. I am henceforth abandoning the PIBI system and will now stop referring to my blog as "Harvey."

What a random entry.

2 comments:

Mackenzie said...

I'd say this entry succeeded on at least 2 more counts than you give credit for:
P- provoking thought about what I want my blog to accomplish (though I will not name mine as if it has its own identity...) and
B- being funny. I smiled.

hootenannie said...

You bought The Hipster Handbook? Oh Ross. You geek. :)