Friday, February 29, 2008

Sometimes I do stupid stuff

As a brilliantly ironic contrast to the post directly below, I was riding my bike yesterday to go pick up my truck, when I suddenly felt my back tire lose traction and begin to skid this way and that. I was already pulling off to the side, but had little control and subsequently hit a curb and went flying off. No injuries were incurred.

I was going so fast because I was racing against the clock to get to the transmission shop before they closed. The transmission shop is about 5 miles from my house, and I had no intention of walking all the way home empty-handed, so I started running... to the wrong address. Breathless, I called the shop and asked for directions. A mere 10 blocks to the north they were, so I started running again. Fortunately, the guy on the other end of the line said he would wait for me to get there. Clary's Transmission: I salute you.

To add to the further irony, it took a $2 part to fix my transmission, but the total bill for diagnostics, shop time and replacing the fluids was well in the 3 digit range. It's moments like these that make the moments below that much sweeter.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

It's too bad a flock of girls and Dean Barnard weren't there to witness the scene with Phil pointing and laughing... hypothetically.