Thursday, May 10, 2007

Conviction

So you always here those people saying "you should journal, it will turn you into Superman." and stuff. Okay. I give.

Actually what happened is I was hanging out with Adam, Dan & Daniel last night and realized that after this month, I won't just be able to go hang out with them whenever the mood strikes me. They were wondering how we could all keep in touch and share what the Lord has been doing in our lives and the whole blogging thing came up. So I'm hoping to post here sporadically with seriously awesome stories of God's work in the world. Here's a sweet example:

So yesterday started out rough. I won't go into the details, but I wasn't seeing the joy of the Lord in my life. So instead of doing something productive as I'm prone to do, I sat in the garage of a tire shop for an hour or so with Daniel while his tire was being repaired. It was good. I shared with him what was going on.

Diagnosis: Renew your freakin' mind! I KNOW I've been needing to get in the Word more for about the last month, probably longer. So when I got home, I did. My day got better.

Huh. Imagine that. I obeyed God and He blessed me for it. It is so dang simple.

So here's the Scripture I latched on to, which is how I will end this initial rant on God's awesomeness (it's in Jeremiah if you feel compelled to find it):

This is what the Lord says,
Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans,
Who rely upon human strength,
They are like stunted shrubs in the desert,
With no hope for the future,
They will live in the barren wilderness,
In an uninhabited salty land.

But blessed are those who trust in the Lord,
And make the Lord their hope and confidence.
They are like trees planted along a riverbank,
With roots that reach deep into the water,
Such trees are not bothered by the heat,
Or worried by long months of drought.
Their leaves are always green,
And they never stop producing fruit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mmm.. thanks for sharing!