Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Continued blogging affairs

After a conversation over wine with some dear friends/fellow travelers on this journey of medicine, I've decided to make an attempt at continued blogging. Thanks for the encouragement guys.

I'm still in search of a house, but hopeful. More and more places keep popping up that are closer to what I'm looking for. Kind of like women in my life. Huh.

In an attempt to more fully focus on God and prayer, I've given up food for a little while. I'm not sure how long this will last, but I'm predicting that I will have my first meal shortly after acquiring a new residence. Let's hope that comes sooner rather than later.

(saying this isn't to show how cool and spiritual I am, but more to encourage people to fast. I think it's underdone in our culture, and given the preoccupation many of us have with food [myself included], it strikes me as a good idea to remind ourselves who really controls our bodies. plus, lots of cool Bible people did it. like Jesus.)

Another random bit that excites: whilst wandering around Ravenna looking for a fax machine, I came across a retirement home. Brilliant!! Both close to my future residence (I hope) and the UW! One thing I really want to do here is get some good, old-fashioned dominoes going with good, old-fashioned people. It's really quite spectacular if you've never tried it. One of the activities I looked forward to attending back in my darker days of soul searching.

That's it for now... if anyone is still bothering to check this site, I hope you find my ponderings rewarding! I really enjoy writing them.

Ok. I'm really done.

For now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're back! Good luck with the house and woman search.. ;)

~lady j said...

very glad you're back. :) and confident that God will provide a place for you to rest your head sometime in the very near future. :) keep us posted.