Wednesday, September 19, 2007

May I be so Bold... Yahoo!!

I am currently riding the bus having just left my HOUSE, which I am living in as people are known to do who are NO LONGER HOMELESS. Just thought I’d emphasize that. Praise God who provides and allows us to experience testing so that our endurance will grow. Although to be honest, I’ve had just about enough testing for one summer.

Here are the specifics on the house, cause everyone wants to know I’m sure. 2BR+ 1BA W/D D/W util inc big BY great neighborhood.

For those of you who are not fluent in Craigslist, that means 2 bedroom with an extra little room downstairs, washer, dryer and dishwaster, utilities included and a big backyard! All that for a mere $1400/month. Yikes. This is more rent than I have ever paid in my life times 1.5. But I’m grateful to have a place to call home. It even comes with old lady furniture (including beds). I made sure to replace as many decorations with weapons and outdoor gear as quickly as possible so as to not confuse any guests about my status as an old lady.

Not that I dislike old ladies. I’m actually rather fond of them and have even been related to a few in my day who were fine examples of human excellence.

One irony. I unpacked my stuff last night, including a watch that was still on Alaska time, so I am late for the med school a capella practice today. Bummer. I got a great night’s sleep though. In my own bed. In my own house.

4 comments:

Becki said...

Don't worry Ross, YOU could never be confused with an old lady. I'm glad to hear you found a home. Do you have any roommates yet? Or did that fall through with Ted too?

Email me your address and I'll be sure to mail you some house warming treats. Chocolate?

MJ said...

AWEsome.

hootenannie said...

YESSSS!!! Which neighborhood? Which street? I need to know where I can come visit you when I'm back in Seattle at the end of October. I know, I know... I can't stay away too long before I need a Seattle fix. :)

~lady j said...

congratulations and yay for a house! God is so good. Again. And again. :)