Thursday, September 27, 2007

Nothing like warm cookies

Life has definitely been getting better the last couple weeks. Tonight, I celebrated absolutely nothing at all by making chocolate chip cookies. For some reason, I've been pining to make cookies lately. So I did. And they were good. And there was evening and morning, the 4th week of second year.

I also slept til 11:30 today. Because I could. It was wonderful. I rode my bike to school with Ted. I learned all about EKG's and catecholamines today in class! I listened to a lady talk about experiencing a heart attack at age 25 because of a genetic disorder, and while that doesn't sound particularly wonderful, she knew the Lord and spoke with love and truth and gentleness to a group notoriously skeptical and won their hearts. She admonished us that without wisdom and grace, our knowledge is nothing. I wanted to hug her. Then I ate some delicious Thai food on the Av. I went climbing at the UW rock gym with Ted and Josh and Melissa. And I made cookies. Did I mention they were delicious?

Why is life so good you might ask? Well, I guess because I've finally started pursuing God again. I've been pretty disagreeable with Him because of how He chose to do some things in my life last year, and I've finally come to the conclusion that being bitter only hurts me more. Life in the Spirit... there's just nothing like it. It's good to be moving that direction again.

So enjoy your day and give thanks to God for the ways He is blessing you in every moment.
And make chocolate chip cookies. Then, send them to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ross - I rejoice with you and your warm cookies. Creating, for me, is an act of praise of the Almighty Creator. We find fulfillment in the simple act of imitating God's creative genius. May your joy be infectious to those around you, and the peace you find in creation flow into the interstices of your soul.

hootenannie said...

I made cookies the other day, too! Sooooo good. I bet they taste better in fall in Seattle than they do in fall in Kansas City, though. Just a guess.