Saturday, September 15, 2007

Homelessness

I'm sitting in a coffee shop on Canal Street (which I highly recommend by the way) not out of choice, but out of desperation. Despite the fact that it is now 7pm, I have done nothing resembling productivity today. And I didn't plan anything because I had full intentions of studying diligently. The desperation part comes in when you start asking questions like: where else could I go to study? Nada. Homelessness is a nomadic disease devoid of direction and security.

All that after only 3 weeks. I hear some people live without a home for more than 3 weeks sometimes.

Of course, they're not scraping through medical school.

Then again, they don't have gracious friends who take them in.

I won't pretend that I have it nearly as bad as guys like "Guitar Man" who I enjoyed breakfast with today, but he seemed pretty content with life as he ate his sausage and cheese bagel sandwich.

The canal looks peaceful from here, a calming presense in this currently scattered mood.

The couple in the corner cuddles and steals kisses... obviously infatuated with each other and oblivious to the world quickly streaming by on all sides.

Who knew blogging could be so random and yet somehow therapeutic. This one was definitely more for me than for you.

With high hopes of healed homelessness hereafter,

Ross