Thursday, April 17, 2008

A few good bands

I've been to more live shows this year than in the rest of my life combined. It would be a travesty to forget these. So in an attempt to add an element of usefulness to the reader while selfishly immortalizing the good times I've had, I present to you:

The Stratified Subjective Subjugation of Sweet Seattle Sounds



Lame

Project 86
Wyclef Jean - lame because I DIDN'T GO. Sheesh, what the crap was I THINKING??
Talbot Tagora
Cold War Kids

Tolerable

Jesse Sykes
Presidents of the United States of America

Enjoyable

Moneta
Soljibe (New Year's at Schweitzer)
Metro Station
PWRFL Power
Maritime
Mae

Sweet

The Everybodyfields
Tristan Prettyman
Whitley
Sherwood
Motion City Soundtrack
Ted Leo & the Pharmacists (Neumos <>Totally SweetThe Cave Singers
Throw Me the Statue
Death Cab for Cutie (Sasquatch)
The Cure
Mates of State
The Classic Crime (plugged)
Jimmy Eat World
Justice

The Best Day of My Life

Michael Franti & Spearhead
The Classic Crime (unplugged)
Death Cab for Cutie (Bremerton)
Steve Earle
Ghostland Observatory
Anberlin
Hell's Belles

I'd recommend checking out anything at the Sweet level or below. It's been a good year. (these are all the BANDS I've seen, not individual shows)

No comments: