Thursday, July 12, 2007

Countdown to Take-Off

We have a flight scheduled to leave Saturday at 6pm from Manta to Quito. Daniel & his parents will be flying out of Quito the next morning early for Houston and Dallas. I plan to fly to Guayaquil to pick up my friend Becki from the airport. I considered going back with the Stinsons, but don´t think I would be much more help and am a little strapped for cash to be buying last-minute plane tickets. Besides, I think God has some more for me to learn down here before I leave.

Daniel´s fever has subsided and he´s drinking A LOT of water. He´s back on a liquid diet of food today. His inflammation has gone down a lot too. The only remaining concern is that his GI tract is still routing out his back more than its usual path. It would be really great if that hole in his colon would close up.

I´ve been pretty worn down these last couple days (hence the brief posting) but see a light at the end of the tunnel. God continues to provide enough comfort for me to get through each day, not just by surviving, but by finding joy in Him. I don´t believe that grace merely implies survival, but finding joy in the Lord despite difficult circumstances.

2 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

Ross, This is great news! We look forward to seeing Daniel back in Texas even though he is "too restless for Texas". I bet he is really going to restless after being flat on his back for so long.

Well, you've developed quite a few new blog followers, so I know I look forward to your new exploits. Thank you for helping Daniel and his family so much. You are a good friend!

During the High School and Junior High class on Wednesday night we read excerpts from your blog and encourage the kids to witness for Christ like you two have been doing in Ecuador. The kids prayed for Daniel and in the elders meeting we had a special prayer for Daniel, his family, and you.

rot9 said...

Thanks Steve! Your comments have been really encouraging for me. And it´s great to know that our stories are impacting lives, especially those with more flexible direction (young people!). I think the most important thing I could stress is that Daniel and I are nothing special. We are simply choosing to listen and follow, and God multiplies our weak efforts!