Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Tuesday morning and all´s well

Just wanted to drop a quick note to let everyone know that things are fine here. We really won´t have more news for another 3-4 days according to the doctor. The surgery went fine and we just wait and pray that no complications arise. Things to stand against right now:

  • pray that the sutures closed the perforations sufficiently and that they will close as they heal
  • pray against infection
  • pray for complete restoration of normal function
  • pray for wisdom for the doctors and nurses
  • pray for the thousands of Christians that the world doesn´t see that experience this kind of spiritual, emotional and physical attack with no one to notice
  • pray for all of our own hearts that we would show the kind of love to our enemies that you have so richly showered on Daniel and I
  • open up your lives to people... this happened because no one from the church here invited us into their home
As we question why this kind of thing happens, I can´t help but believe that Daniel and I are in a kind of spotlight with many people who love us watching. I do not believe that God caused Daniel to be shot in any way, shape or form, but I believe that God works for the good of those that love Him and are called according to His purpose. I believe that His work for the good in this situation is that all of our hearts may be softened to the Daniels being shot every day, whether physically - as Christians are in some countries - or emotionally - as the person sitting next to you in church may be with no one ever noticing.

Thank you for this chance to share my heart. This situation continues to humble me and make me want to reach out to others even more. We know the world hates us, but take heart, for God has overcome the world!

6 comments:

Mark said...

absolutely great post, and very convicting. there is an awesome book by Christine Pohl called "Making Room" and its about the true nature of hospitality. The greek word was basically created by Christians and meant "love of strangers". it was about letting the stranger in and blessing them with your first fruits (much like Abraham did with the three angels). Today its hardly seen as that. I'm sorry to hear that no one invited you in. Jesus had some words to say about that.

Anonymous said...

Ross, thank you so much for keeping us updated. As you can imagine, it's terrible being here, and not there with him. I'm so incredibly thankful that he has you there to take care of him. I'm glad you posted your email, I'll be emailing you soon...

Jo Anna Workman said...

Ross, I am so proud to call both of you my friends and I am so glad that you posted specific needs to be in prayer for!Thank you for the updates and for the great post! I love you boys!

Steve and Joan said...

Ross, I am one of Daniels friends from Texas. There are people gathering tonight at our church to pray for Daniel, his family, and you. Thank you so much for keeping us informed. It means so much to us that you would take the time to post updates.

Tell Daniel that I was running this morning and prayed for you two and thought about his 10 mile run on 287.

May God protect and bless you both.

Steve

Shelly said...

My thoughts have drifted to Ecuador several times today. Lots of praying going on over here. Thanks for the update and the directions to pray specifically. I was very convicted by the point that you were not invited into anyone's home. And I think the next book that I read will be the book that Mark mentioned. I so want our home to be a place of shelter and saftety and love not only for our family/friends, but to whoever Jesus sends our way. Love, hugs and PRAYERS---

Judy said...

Ross, know that we are all praying for Daniel and for you. Your mom and I prayed Psalm 40 last night and were comforted by how fitting that Psalm is right now. Vs 16-17: But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, "The Lord be exalted!" Yet I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay.
I love you--Aunt Judy