Friday, July 6, 2007

Just Think if We Prayed Like This For...

Need I say it? Daniel is well on his way to a full recovery. Tomorrow he gets his catheter out. The next day he gets the tube draining his injury out. The only remaining concern is the fever, which is either an unrelated sickness or simply due to the continued trama of having tubes sticking out of his body.

He was much more alert today than he has been since the injury and he is walking much better. Neither one of us got much sleep last night, but today was really relaxing... not many visitors and relatively few doctors and nurses to see us.

The lab results came in and showed that he doesn´t have dengue fever or malaria, the two major concerns, and it doesn´t appear that he has any other serious infections. Dr. Bello (that´s the name the surgeon actually goes by, I got it wrong the first time) and I both think he has some kind of cold virus or something. Dr. Morales, the guy called in as a consultant, says the fever could simply be the body´s response to trauma.

As things slow down and Daniel gains stability, I will have a few more prayer requests which I want to first discuss with him. For now, pray that the fever subsides and he has a safe trip home next week (probably Wednesday).

Witnessing and feeling the healing power of God firsthand has been humbling. The title of my blog poses the question: What if Christians united like this in prayer over other issues? Like the starving poor all over the world, or the fragmentation of the bride of Christ? Or even that God would bless the annoying person at work? I suppose we could always ask God to put an issue that He cares about on our hearts and pray with fervor for His will. Hearing about the character and frequency of many of your prayers has really humbled me and provoked me to develop my own prayer life. I hope to challenge and encourage you in similar ways as your brother.

All praises for God and His healing power and may those praises far outweigh any fears that Satan inspired in you because of what happened. My prayer for all of you is that you see the glory and provision of our Lord and Savior rather than the danger of a dark world that we have been given *dominion* over from its inception. My sister summed up my feelings in an incredible statement of faith:
¨I will also be praying that God gives you wisdom -- not so you can keep yourself safe, but so you can continue to do the work you feel God has called you to do.¨

1 comment:

Steve and Joan said...

Amen! I like the way you think, Ross! Let us know when Eddie and Marilynn get there. I know Daniel will be glad to see them!