Saturday, July 14, 2007

Partway There

I neglected to mention the sweetness of this morning in the hospital. We started off with some prayer (with the parents) and then read Phillipians out loud. Which I might add was an AWESOME section to speak to the troubles and joys of the day. If you´re up for some encouragement, read Phillipians with Daniel in mind. All that followed by singing some praises to our God in the hospital room. A fantastic way to leave.

I also had a great talk with Dr. Bello this morning in his office. Good times. He has invited all of us to come stay at his house on the beach when Daniel gets to feeling better! It´s a BEAUTIFUL house.


I´m sitting in a really nice hotel in enchanting Quito, Ecuador right now having just finished a delicious steak dinner at a top floor restaurant overlooking the lights of the city. Wow am I content. Jon Feeney treated us to dinner, along with his wife and baby, and it was dang good.

The first leg of the trip went just great. Daniel was pretty exhausted by the time we got to the hotel after driving and flying and driving, but his spirits were up. Nothing too extraordinary about the trip except that I got two snacks on the airplane cause I stole Daniel´s.

It was a little difficult saying goodbye to everyone, as funny as it sounds, and I will miss the hospital and the people there. On the other hand, Quito is a wonderful place to be. May God be glorified for His provision for today and tomorrow!!

No comments: