Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Up and At ´em

Daniel is walking now. Good news. We took a couple trips around the room this morning with no problems. Except he said he´s having a hard time focusing. His thoughts are scattered. I guess that´s a reasonable expectation seeing as how he was shot and in a 4-5 hour surgery. Personally, I think he´s just high, I mean, he´s been getting painkillers and stuff and surely that messes with your head. But I don´t know much about medications... yet.

We are slowly getting all of our stuff transferred from the house to the hospital. Eduardo brought both of our backpacks to the room yesterday. That guy is awesome and full of life in Christ. He´s always spouting off about Jesus and stuff. Good guy to have around. I think people are understanding that visitation is not exactly welcome for more than a few minutes. With the best intentions, they come to wish him well, and I entertain them for a little while, then tell them to leave (in a really nice way of course). Between chasing off guests, running down to the pharmacy to buy more medications & IV food, entertaining the various nurses that come in and keeping Daniel comfortable, the day actually goes by pretty fast. We´ve been watching movies too.

Oh yeah, another piece of good news. No more nasogastric tube (it was draining his stomach). The doctor gave the okay to remove it this morning, so Daniel doesn´t have a tube sticking out of his nose anymore. He´s actually looking a bit more normal now, or as close to normal as he normally is anyway. =)

I´ll post more as I know more. I´ve made a friend here who is letting me use the internet at the hospital, so I may be able to keep in better contact now. She also brought me some really good cheesy bread this morning.

I also heard a rumor that we made the newspaper yesterday. Eduardo´s sister came by this morning and said she would bring me a copy. I also gave her some ibuprofen for her wrist that she hurt a while ago. Little things that fill our days... I guess that´s all for now though. Peace!

2 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

Great news! I am so glad to hear that Daniel is up and walking. Does he have a guitar to play? That would be a good thing... acoustic of course! If you could get him a Taylor guitar that would be best!

Steve

Unknown said...

Praise God for His blessings thus far. It is absolutely no accident that Ross and Daniel have been friends for years for God's purposes. Thank you Ross. And everyone else for your prayers, love and help.

Blessings,
Marilyn and Eddie Stinson (Mom & Dad)