Tuesday, July 3, 2007

A Good Day

Today had mixed results with Daniel feeling both better and worse. He actually had the energy to talk with me a little today and even joke around a little bit. He had a bit of a fever during mid-day which has since passed. Tonight he was totally wiped out when the doctor came during his rounds. The doctor wanted him to get moving and walking to help with the healing process, but Daniel was too tired. Tomorrow we´re going to try walking and hopefully get the tube out of his nose that is draining his stomach.

We had some powerful prayer today and I can literally feel the blanket of protection that is being woven around our room. Daniel has had a little blood in his urine the last couple days which isn´t a big deal, but had me a little worried. I prayed that it would clear and could feel the healing power of God moving both through and around me. Needless to say, the blood is gone. Please keep praying, it has real tangible results.

The surgeon described exactly how ¨lucky¨ Danie was to me today. In addition to the five holes in his intestines and colon, there was a hole behind the colon in the back wall of the abdomen in between the ureter and vena cava and just inferior to the renal artery. For those that don´t speak medicalese, if that fragment had been diverted a quarter inch to the left or right, Daniel would likely have died, lost a kidney or had other major complications.

I´m running out of things to write about right now, but for those that don´t know, both of Daniel´s parents will be here on Friday. They would have come sooner, but his dad was in Tanzania, Africa and couldn´t get an earlier flight. They will take Daniel back to Texas possibly as soon as Saturday or Sunday. Continue to pray for his rapid recovery. I will be staying in Ecuador until I am scheduled to leave, but probably will not be camping in any more yards any time soon.

We have had many visitors today ranging from the sister of Eduardo to representatives of the American consulate in Ecuador. Eduardo told me that his sister had a vision of Daniel and I surrounded in and emanating light. God is both protecting us and working through us in this. I had lunch with a girl that works here and one of the doctors (who paid for my lunch) and was able to share a lot about God´s work in Daniel and I. The opportunities for sharing the joy of the Lord and His goodness abound. I was able to encourage Eduardo who is new to knowing Christ and incredibly passionate. He leaves this weekend to look for work because there is no work here and he cannot provide for his family. In the meantime he is lavishing love upon Daniel and I.

I realize my thoughts are disjointed, but I never have long to write because I feel the need to get back to Daniel. I have many more things I could say, but need to go. I am trying to respond to as many emails as I can, but if I miss you, know your words of encouragement are much appreciated and I will be excited to share them with Daniel. May God´s peace and love rest on you all.

3 comments:

aubrey said...

Ross and Daniel,
I am relieved to read and find out that Daniel is ok although it was my first time checking the blog and getting such news did scare me a bit. I will keep you both in my prays and pray that Daniel heals with the grace of GOD and. For you Ross I hope and pray the rest of your trip goes smooth and doors open up for you in all situations that you are in. May God protect and provide for you.
love aubs

Anonymous said...

Ross,
thanks for being there for daniel and doin wat you can. 6 years ago i was shot in the abdomen and went threw much of the same things daniel is... i hated the drain tube n my nose, i always pulld it out hehe, and the pain is horrible, its hard to laugh or walk or anythign for a while.. but i pray you are blessed with the rest of your trip and may God be with you..

and could you tell daniel im praying for him and miss him. i hope he recovers well and tell him i have my cell phone on me at all times if he wants to talk bout the situation he's in.. God bless him, hers my number. six eight two - five five one- five one two two.

God bless you both,

-Paul Stinson

Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

Hey Ross,

Thank you so much for keeping us informed. I know when I first heard about this I was in complete shock. God has blessed both you and Daniel. I know it is very comforting for Daniel to have you there with him. Tell Daniel I said hello and let him know how many people are praying for him! We miss you both!

EC