Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Jungle-Bound

For those of you keeping up with Daniel, I´m going to be posting separately for what I´m doing and what´s new with him. This is the me post.

Last night Becki and I hung out with Joáquin and two of Roberto´s (the one in Girdwood) younger cousins. We toured Guayaquil a bit and saw some cool stuff including an old fort that protected Guayaquil from pirates and the river walk. Joáquin is a brother in Christ and I we got to encourage him in his faith, and vice versa, as usual.

This morning we met up with a girl I met on the airplane ride down here named Kate. She is in a pre-med/med program and is working at a clinic down here and attending classes in the afternoons for 6 months. We went to do some health screening at some local schools and also gave some DT vaccinations. Everywhere we go, we have the chance to plant seeds for the Kingdom and got to do some of that today. After lunch with her, Becki and I took a bus to Riobamba to stay with Roberto´s father. It´s looking like Becki will be going to a jungle clinic while I do a little sightseeing. We may meet up again in Quito, but it´s been good to see her and help her get situated in Ecuador initially.

I´m realizing that I really need some serious solo time after all of this and I´m hoping to get that in the next few days, although God´s plan always prevails and if it happens that I will be around people a lot, God will provide the strength. I wish that I could be in Texas with Daniel, but have peace that I am in the right place right now.

Riobamba is COLD and feels GREAT after months of heat. I´m loving it, but I´m going to have to buy a sweater or something for these mountain towns. The jungle is beautiful, although a bit too foggy to get a really good look. More adventures to follow.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! It made my day. I had a Women's Ministry meeting tonight at my church (we are going to a new church--not a c of c, more charismatic but we LOVE it--a story for another time, but a cool one b/c the Lord totally led us here when we weren't looking to move)ANYWAY, one of the ladies read Matthew 25 and I totally thought of you. The parable of the talents---read it when you get a chance. Way to take your "talents" and make them multiply instead of safely burying them!! I'm proud of you and love getting a little window into your world! Hugs--