Friday, July 6, 2007

Now It´s a Matter of Time

After a long night and many trips to the bathroom with two IV poles in tow, I´m filled with joy despite not exactly being filled with rest. Daniel´s intestines are now working quite well as evidenced by my lack of sleep. The doctor stopped by this morning and was very happy to hear the report. As he left, he said ¨Now, it is only a matter of time to recuparate. This makes me glad.¨ (Those weren´t his exact words, but then again, he was speaking Spanish)

I really can´t think of much else to write about. I went out to dinner on the local church´s donated money last night and it really helped to clear my head and restore my energy. The food was really good too, and it´s the first beer I´ve had in quite a while. I hope that´s not offensive or hurtful to anyone, but I think Jesus would have had one with me as we rested together in God´s presence. Come to think of it, He kind of did.

In a nutshell, Daniel´s wounds appear to have healed well. He still has a lot of swelling and some fluid in his lungs still, but things continue to look better. With all of you praying for him, I never really any doubts =). Keep asking our Father for rest and recuparation for the both of us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ross, God bless you over and over for your care for Daniel. I'm so glad for a good report. Take care of yourself. Marilyn and Eddie will be ther today, hopefully. Our hearts are with you.
Winnie

Anonymous said...

Ross, I spoke with Tommy this morning and he told me of the blog accounts. Daniel and his dad and uncles have done much work in my home. I think of them as family. I have read both your and Daniel's blogs (my first time to blog!)and am so very proud of both of you. Ross, God has given you a tremendous task in caring for Daniel, which will bear much fruit. I have been praying for you since I heard of Daniel's being shot last week. I am certain that the Lord has great plans for your lives. Tell Daniel that his prayer list preceeding his trip is perfectly being fulfilled by the Lord. I was truly amazed at their depth as I read them. What greater joy!
DeeDee

pk said...

Ross- THANK YOU again and again for being there to take care of Daniel! A lot of folks here in Texas (and many other places I'm sure) are keeping you both in our daily thoughts and prayers. :-) Just think of the stories you and Daniel will be able to tell your grandkids one day! Tell him we send our love and best wishes.

Paula Branen