Thursday, July 5, 2007

Time for a CT

We have a lot to be thankful for. Daniel is more alert and walking and talking more and more. He got me up at 5 this morning to go walking because he feels better after he walks. I was pretty happy about that actually, despite having to get up so early =).

However, a few concerns to be prayerful about.

  • We´re going for a CT scan at a radiographic clinic. Their schedule is full, so we need prayers that they will bump some one so Daniel can get in quicker.
  • Daniel has had a fever that comes and goes. At first it wasn´t a concern, but the further from the trauma we are, the more worrisome a fever is.

Daniel is getting a CT to see how things are healing and if there are any residual fragments of bullet in him. Pray that his intestines healed correctly and that he doesn´t have any hematomas (blood masses). Pray that the bullet is totally gone. Pray that he doesn´t have an infection. I will keep this updated as I know more. So far, there is nothing to be concerned about, but these next couple of days are critical. Rest in the peace of the Lord!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daniel 10:17-19 "How can I, your servant, talk with you, my lord? My strength is gone and I can hardly breathe." Again the one who looked like a man touched me and gave me strength. "Do not be afraid, O man highly esteemed," he said. "Peace! Be strong now; be strong." When he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, "Speak, my lord, since you have given me strength."

Steve and Joan said...

Ross, has Daniel had his CT yet? Any results!

Steve (back in Texas)

CarlaR said...

Dear Ross,

I do not know you, but I wanted to say thank you so much for caring for Daniel and staying with him. Daniel goes back along way with my family. Just ask him what his favorite thing to do was at my house when he used to come visit my girls, Paula and Sarah. :) Tell him we love him and we are praying for his health and safe return.

Carla Roper

Shelly said...

So glad to hear that Daniel is gaining strength. Still praying. . .

Unknown said...

love you guys.. many prayers