Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bible Study - 2 for 1, oh the irony

I went to a Bible study that is going through the entire book. I happened to catch them studying David, my personal favorite (right behind Jesus of course). It was really refreshing just to be around the Word, but the best part was talking to the other attendees afterwards.

Renee - the aunt of one of Scott, one of the premed guys I work with, was conveniently there, and although she had to jet to take care of some kids, I was really encouraged to see her again. She had us over to her house for dinner a couple weeks ago and it's always awesome to reconnect and realize you both worship the same God.

Random Khmer Christian - guy runs some hostels for poor children who cannot afford anywhere to live while they are in school. He makes it possible for them to get an education and stay off the streets. He also owns a garment factory (eww, you're wearing garments) and I sincerely believe that God will make that guy rich some day so that he can share his wealth with his country.

Buntha Ly - this kid rocks. He is living in Kampong Ch'nang provence working as an English teacher AND preaching the Gospel to all the Muslims that live there. Major score. He's 24 and told me he needs more courage. Ha. He lives in risk of being killed every day, but he goes back. He was kicked out of his house for believing in Christ, "If you say Jesus will provide for you, then you don't need me" said his grandfather. I guess Jesus did because that was 5 years ago.

He works with a pastor out there and approaches Muslims by asking them to study Jesus, who they claim to believe in, but most ignore. He then shows them how they can pray to the LIVING prophet and the LIVING God and pretty much just ignores the whole Muhammed thing. Genius. I too many times feel the need to defeat non-truth before introducing Christ, but it's the TRUTH that sets us free, not the negation of the non-truth.

About that 50 bucks from the other night... I couldn't give it away because I was doing it out of self-righteousness. I gave it to Buntha tonight instead so he can share the GOOD NEWS with more people living in oppression. Boo-ya Buntha. And God.

I just had to post again tonight. I didn't want to forget this stuff. Maybe I'll skip a day or something.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

NOOOOO! Don't skip a day!! I LOVE reading your blogs. I just clicked back on this one to finish reading the one from earlier (I was so RUDELY interrupted by my 2 year old insisting on breakfast----sheesh!) :) Anyway--I was so excited you had posted again! You post as many times a day as you like. You have a faithful reader! love ya--

Abraham said...

I just want to encourage you to work through love and encouragement as you talked about in the blog today. That's scripture! Don't feel frustrated with trying to convince someone of our God. Show his love. It is ok to be BOLD, but do it in love and by showing love. Bless you bro, AMT

rot9 said...

Thanks Shelly! It's so good to hear from you! I'm experiencing so much so fast right now that it's difficult to consolidate sometimes. I'll keep trying though!

Thanks for your exhortation Abe, my approach to sharing Christ is really being molded right now and it's awesome to get feedback!