Saturday, June 23, 2007

A Brief Stint in the States

I'm in Houston, Texas for the next couple days. I'm staying at my cousin Erin's house where she lives with her husband, baby and their friend. Except that her family is on their way to Alaska right now, so I'm just crashing at their place. Their friend, Brie, picked me up at the airport, stopped by Taco Cabana for me, and showed me the essentials: where I'm sleeping and where their computer is. It's pretty nice having all the comforts of Western civilization again, and I don't even feel guilty. Maybe I'll get to work on that tomorrow.

The flight went fine, just a lot of time sitting. I finally finished the book about the girl growing up under the Khmer Rouge... I have some thoughts, but am not so coherent right now. Good night!

No comments: