Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Vienvenidos a Ecuador

I´m in Roberto´s house. In case you didn´t hear, Roberto is on his way to work at Alyeska Resort in Girdwood, Alaska while Daniel and I are staying at his house in Ecuador. So if you´re in the Girdwood/Anchorage area, please give a warm welcome to Roberto!! He was yet another sign that we´re supposed to be here. He & his friends & Daniel picked me up from the airport last night, a seemless transition.

My plane trip out of Houston was great too. I was jabbering with some guys while in the jetway and mentioned my love for the church and they promptly said they would be avoiding me on the plane and asked my seat number. I was right next to them, which kind of freaked them out =). Then we all got moved to the exit row and I told them they were lucky to have a holy man in their row. They laughed. The next fun discovery was that everyone in that row was going to Ecuador for medically-related reasons. They were on a medical trip with Rotary, there was a premed student going to volunteer and the last lady in the row was an Ecuadorian doctor. Beautiful. So I may be heading out to San Pablo to join their medical team for a few days. We´ll see what happens. God is so cool.

Yesterday I got to have lunch with a friend from undergrad who just finished his first year of medicine in Houston. It was AWESOME to see him. We both majored in Physics and thus had many of the same classes all through college. He is an exceptional guy and I´ve missed seeing him around, so it was wonderful to reconnect and hear about his experiences. He´s currently doing cancer research on the type of cancer that the little boy had in Cambodia (I think) and if his research pans out, alternative treatment will be available that possibly could have saved his life. Another weird ¨coincidence.¨

While in Texas I accomplished my major goals which included:

  1. not being sick anymore (I got checked out by a doctor from church for free and he cleared me - THANK YOU DR. SANDERS!!)
  2. eating Bluebell ice cream, Mexican food, barbeque and Shipley´s donuts
  3. getting charged up for Ecuador
So now I´m here ready for the next move. Pray that I have eyes to see and ears to hear.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Kick some fat-satan @!

Sounds like God is totally giving you guys props for following his voice down to Ecuador! I look forward to not only posts, but LOTS of pictures!

~lady j said...

so glad you made it safely! very cool airport/plane story. :) and i just know it's gonna continue to be one incredible story after the next!!! amazing. can't wait to hear... and maybe see a little. :)