Monday, June 4, 2007

Birthday in Cambodia

This will be short because I'm about to go round out the day by watching a movie here at Dr. Gollogly's house with the other students.

We have a new crew in at CSC including:

Anna, Erin & Scott (yes another one): 3 med students from Toronto
Sebastian: premed from Connecticut

We did a SWEET surgery today involving a bone graft on a guy's femur. Cool cool cool. I got to do quite a few sutures to close, so I was stoked.

I also did my first successful intubation. I was more stoked.

Samnang and I went to an English-teaching school and I taught a bunch of 11-23 year olds some simple English stuff. I think they were way farther than the level I was teaching to. Oh well. I made them sing me Happy Birthday. =)

Then we met the other students for dinner at a place called the FCC... stands for French somethin something... I had STEAK for my birthday and it was great! Although I probably shouldn't have spent the money... how many times do you turn 25?? Now we're watching a movie... Not much excitement today, but God really did show me that serving provides so much more fulfillment than self-indulgence. mmmmmm...

2 comments:

MJ said...

I want to hear the story about your first UNsuccessful intubation.

Happy Birthday in Cambodia!

~lady j said...

Ross.

I JUST found your blog. But it will become a daily fixture on my bookmark sidebar.

Ross, I love you. Seriously. I just love you. Your blog is so raw and uplifting. And I hope your 25th birthday was terrific and that God continues to show you His unbelievable mercy, compassion and grace as you live and work and dance and pray and heal and love and eat amazing steak in Cambodia and wherever else He leads you. You're on my heart daily, brother! And in it always.

keep the updates, comin! :)