Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Much-Needed Relaxation

Today was my Sabbath. I hung out with Christians all day and watched movies and ate good food. My fever is basically gone I think. Tomorrow I'm going to see a doctor for free that I met at church today. I've been very happy to see the generosity and openness of the body of Christ played out in many ways down here. I'm just about charged-up for hitting South America tomorrow. Give me one more night in a real bed, and I'm there.

I woke up thinking about next year in Seattle. I want to have a barbeque for my neighborhood. I didn't get to know my neighbors in Anchorage last year and I'm disappointed in myself about that. But it's time to repent and change things next year. Our house did really good about inviting friends over to do things, but Jesus told us to invite the people who cannot pay us back. It would be good to haul a grill into the middle of a poor area and start cookin' burgers. So I'm resolving not to wuss out on that again. May it be so through the strength of God.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I'm so glad you've had some time to rest. I've been convicted on the deal about inviting those who can't pay you back into your home as well over the past year or so. I need to get on it and actually DO it and stop thinking about what a good idea it is. :) Hope you get a good report from the doctor! love ya--